Thursday 1 September 2011

17 Photo Flawless Primer vs No7 Colour Calming Primer

Boots 17 Photo Flawless Primer £4.99
Boots No7 Colour Calming Primer £11

Primer acts as an undercoat before applying foundation to make it last longer, people with greasy skin such as myself will find that foundation slids off throughout the day and the grease comes through, primer also is great if you have enlarged pores as it will help to even out skin tone.
I decided to try two very different primers and had two very different results.
17 Photo Flawless Primer is priced at a mere £4.99 and the results were amazing I love this product! The cream is satin smooth which makes it lovely to apply, you just need a little as it goes a long way making your face feel soft creating a lovely base for your foundation.
I regularly check my face throughout the day as I have really greasy skin it can look terrible after a few hours of applying my makeup, my skin still looked radiant at the end of the evening using this product.
I would rate this product 5 out of 5
No7 Colour Calming Primer is over double the price of the 17 primer at £11 though to be fair it is 3 times the size so you can't complain or can you. The cream is bright green so if you apply too much you will look like Shrek, the product is quite dry to apply making your face more of a matte base which I dont like as when you apply your foundation it drags and becomes uneven which defies the whole point of using primer. The primer also started to crumble in places as I was applying my foundation so I not only had green tinges in places but also dry flakey dry patches, I am an avid fan of No7 products but would not recommend this one and rate it 1.5 out of 5

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the review.... I love using primer specially if it helps my foundation stay put... I now want to try this one BOOTS 17 .. JUst need to know where to find it !

    check my blog !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really helpful! I've been looking into getting a face primer for a while, just don't know what to get. Thanks!

    www.befabb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me Benefit primer:)

    ReplyDelete